So Valentine's Day has past and hopefully you are still in a romantic mood. Our last Key to Romance as mentioned here http://romancequeen101.blogspot.com/2014/12/keys-to-romance.html is finding out how much you truly care for your special someone. Your special someone is obviously important to you or they wouldn't be special to you, so this is not about how much you care for them but how much you care about their views on romance, showing them love, and treating them to something special on an ongoing basis.
Some people are not big on romance and that's okay but everyone should be big on loving the one you're with and caring whether they know how much you DO CARE and how much you do feel for them. Your actions speak louder than words, as people say and being romantic is a perfect way to show through actions how much you care for your special someone and feel for them.
You can do this is many ways, big and small, but the its the thought that counts that means the most. By knowing your special someone and the things they like (http://romancequeen101.blogspot.com/2014/12/keys-to-romance.html), knowing what makes them smile (and angry), knowing how to help them relax, enjoy, laugh and feel great are all important in finding ways to show them you care and how you feel about them. Some ways that a person can show me how they care are:
- Be Friends FIRST- Falling in love with your best friend has been and always will be a great experience. As friends you trust each other. You want to be around that person. You can communicate with them openly. You most likely know their friends and family. You can be yourself, which is open and it lays a strong foundation for a greater love that you can appreciate more. Being friends also means that you care about your special someone enough to start off on the right foot by not rushing into a relationship without getting to know each first. And contrary to some, you can be romantic with your friend too.
- Communicate- For me, communicating with the person I am dating throughout the day is important to me. It lets me know that not only are they thinking about me, like I most likely am thinking about them, but it also lets me know that they have taken time out of their day for me and that they care. Even sharing the events of their day and asking about yours shows that they care for you as a person and your well being.Their are many ways to communicate even if you can't pick up the phone- texting or sexting (smile), email, love letters or smoke signals! Be creative (one of your romance traits http://romancequeen101.blogspot.com/2014/12/what-is-romance.html) and communicate often!
- Make Time- A person that is truly interested in you or wants to be with you will make time for you. No matter what their busy schedule consists of they will make time to communicate with you, see you, and do things with and for you. Even if its for five minutes, be spontaneous. Spontaneity is high on the ROMANCE meter!
- Reliable- Being there for you and each other is a way to show that you really care for a person and that their best interest is a priority to you. That could mean answering the phone when you call, being there when your not feeling well, or just lending an ear when you need to talk. Its even more special, when that person is reliable because they want to be not because they feel obligated because you are dating or in a relationship. Being reliable and someone I can call whenever I need to vent, cry or share something fantastic is a big deal! It also says that when I want to surprise you with a little ROMANCE, I can count on you to show up (wink*). Side note: a person can be reliable without physically being present so even though we may want to have someone there by our side, not always can a person do so. You can show you care for a person too by understanding that they might not always be able to be there when you need them.
- Affectionate- Being affectionate, in my book, is one of the best ways to show me how you feel about me. Kisses in the morning, hugs when I see you, holding hands in the movies, not being afraid to PDA (public displays of affection) are all clear signs that you are really feeling someone and its ROMANTIC too. Its nothing like seeing a couple in love out somewhere kissing and enjoying each others company. It makes you want to say "Get a Room!" with a smile.
- Understanding- Being understanding of a persons needs, desires, wants and busy lifestyle is something that takes patience, respect, love and care. All of us work or play, have responsibilities seperate from our intimate relaionships, children possibly, and goals to achieve among the list of other things that make it hard to juggle everything in a short period of time. However, being understanding that we are individuals first and have lives outside of the person we are dating is important. It not only shows that we care about our special someone and them as a person. It also shows that we care about what makes them happy (or sad or angry or another range of emotions). One thing that is important to me, is that the person that I am dating understands that I am a single mother raising my twins. If they can understand that my time revolves around them and my job as a mother comes first and foremost then they already have gained my respect and my gratitude. It not only shows that they care about me as a mother, but they also care about my children, in some way. Understanding a person can also help you be romantic because you have the inside scoop to what's most important to them. Don't take advantage of what you know. Build on it!
- Be Consistent- One thing I have learned about dating is that more often than not, you meet a person's representative the first couple of dates. That means that people tend to act, look and show their best in the beginning (or at least try to) and that the commuication, affection, time and romantic gestures are top notch until they get you. We've all been there at some point in our dating career. So a person who starts off one way and continues to be that way and you love it is probably a keeper. Being consistent builds trust, love and ROMANCE. Being consistent also means that you are not just romantic on Valentine's Day or their Birthday or your Anniversary, but you are romantic throughout the year throughout your relationship. Remember you can be romantic on a budget (http://romancequeen101.blogspot.com/2014/12/keys-to-romance-being-romantic-on-budget.html), the little things DO MATTER and if you really know your special someone, being romantic is easy. Be consistent at being a great friend, partner, and lover and this will show that you care about the way your special someone perceives you from the beginning of your relationship and in the future. Its nothing wrong with switching up every now and then and stepping out your consistent comfort zone but not to the point where the person becomes unsure of who you really are and doubt that you are the person you represented from the beginning.
Caring is sharing. Caring allows us to communicate by sharing our thoughts, ideas and time. Caring gives us the motivation to want to share our time with the special person in our life, even if our time is limited. Caring makes us a reliable source of comfort, support, and sharing our lives with someone sometimes on a deeper level than we may share with others. Caring makes us want to be affectionate with the special person in our life because we want to physically connect with them in ways to pleasure them no matter how subtle. Caring also means that we are understanding of our special person and opens the door for us to share who we are and open ourselves for them to reciprocate and be understanding of us as well.
I would love to hear how someone can show they care for You! Please post a way a person can show they care for you that might also be romantic.