Yes Women Can Propose- Finale!

So in my last blog I mentioned that I took the leap and I proposed to my man.  The day started off as a normal Saturday and him and the kids and I got up to go shopping. We spent a day shopping and having good quality family time. One of the last stores we went to was Helzberg Diamonds. I love jewelry so I went in there to look at their sales. I looked at quite a few rings and I noticed that he was watching. The one I fell in love was a white sapphire ring and it was gorgeous! I love colored stones but this ring was unique. My daughter wanted to go to Books-A-Million so I went over there with her but my man stayed behind. Before I left him there, and being the nosy woman I am, I noticed THE ring was gone from the case. He shooed me away and I went to the book store with my daughter.

Now lets rewind... Him and I had a pretty emotional conversation about two weeks before and he admitted that there was a point that he wanted to ask me to marry him but that he was afraid (and for good reason {engaged before and disappointed} and {we hadn't been dating a year yet}). I knew in my heart that he was the ONE so I said to myself, hey why not propose to him and take the pressure off of him. We had been talking marriage. I knew he wanted to ask so I got excited immediately about asking him.

Fast forward. We left the mall and I knew that he had purchased the ring. So smiling, I put my plan into action to ask him. The ring I ordered for him 10 days before had come in the mail and was waiting for a special moment. I planned to ask him on my birthday, January 7th, but when we got home he said something similar to "I better love him" and something in my heart said its time to prove it to him. So my proposal came early. 

I got down on one knee in front of him and told him just how much I loved him and why. I think its always good to tell people why you love them when you say those three words because it validates the meaning even more. I could see fear and happiness in his eyes, so I hesitated but then I decided no. This is the RIGHT time. I got up off my wobbly old knees, dished for his ring in my drawer and straddled him on the bed. I told him that I had no doubt in my mind that I could be THE ONE for him and that I knew that he was the ONE for me despite our short courtship and despite his fears. I told him why I felt I was the one for him and then I presented the ring to him and asked him to marry me.




The look in his eyes was kind of scary, but he smiled with water on his eyes and he said yes! We kissed, hugged with joy and then the excitement began. Within an hour, pictures of his ring had been taken, his mom had been called and his best friend had been asked to be his best man! Then came his post to Facebook and the 300+ congratulation likes or comments!

All were happy for the actual engagement but of course their were some who had something to say about me actually doing it. Honestly, I was a little nervous about him announcing that I proposed to him but after the congrats came pouring in my nervousness died and was replaced with happiness. To feel the excitement and love in his words to his mom and his boys let me know I did the right thing at the right time by asking him. It didn't exactly go the way I planned with all the romance and mush I planned for my birthday but it was perfect!

I could have waited for my ring to come in and for him to ask me but I didn't. I followed my heart, relieved the stress off of his mind and did what worked for us and he was so proud that I took the initiative and asked him. Proud of my strength to do so despite the norm and was honored to tell everyone how proud of me he was that I stepped out the box.

And guess what...when my ring came in from being sized, he planned a magnificent day and proposed to me! Ladies, don't be afraid to propose to your man. It was a great experience for me and him and he respected me even more for loving him enough to do it. Happy Holidays from us to You!




To read the first blog to Yes! Women Can Propose start here http://romancequeen101.blogspot.com/2016/11/yes-women-can-propose-to-man-part-1.html.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September is Take Your Man on a Date Month!

Cater to Him- Part 1 of 2

Share the LOVE Challenge