Yes! Women Can Propose to a Man- Part 1

So I've had the discussion online, namely Facebook, about women proposing to men. The conversation got pretty heated and it was very frustrating for me to see so many men who felt like a man on the receiving end of a proposal as "weak" or "less of a man" if he accepted. It also pissed me off to see women, otherwise very strong women, saying that a woman must be "desperate" or "weak" or "pressed" to ask a man to marry her.

Our daughters are being raised to be strong-minded, independent, goal and career-oriented Queens. We teach them to respect themselves, wait for the right boy/man to give their goodies to and to follow her dreams. If we can teach her all these things, how can we frown on her also choosing her husband and lifelong partner. I have been proposed to probably nine times that I can think of off the top of my head. I have also been married before to a man that proposed to me almost every month before I finally said yes and that ended in divorce so why can't I, as a strong, independent, educated woman, not take the initiative to ask the man the man I want to be my husband and a father figure to my children under our roof to be my husband by proposing to him? I should be able to! 



Women are no longer tied to the traditional roles of being the stay at home mom, making less income then their husbands and not holding prominent positions in business. Women are now top income earners, working more hours than their husbands, buying houses before they have a mate, and raising kids successfully on their own. For new age women, like myself, I like being in control of my future, especially when it involves my children.



I respect the traditions of the man being the head of the house, providing for his family and playing my role as woman in my household. I still hold those traditions dear in my heart and maintain my "role" as a woman in my home now with my boyfriend. However, I am very progressive. I have always gone after what I wanted especially in a relationship. I encourage any woman that has children, especially, and any woman that has been successful, or any woman that has ever been divorced or in an abusive relationship, or any woman who knows deep in her heart that the man you love is the ONE to propose marriage to him. Its not about trending. Its about making the best decision for you, your heart, your children and your life. 

We wanted equal rights. We wanted to feel like we contributed to society. We want to feel successful, accomplished and all the women's rights advantages. Why not be pro-choice in selecting the man you want to spend the rest of your life with and taking the step to being his wife. Its empowering, not weak. Its success, not desperation. Its invigorating, not depressing. A real man will respect your love and commitment to him with his answer- yes (or no) and will see in you a strong, loving, loyal woman.

Some articles that I found interesting on the subject:
http://bruthamag.com/2014/03/04/can-she-propose/

http://www.elcrema.com/2015/12/06/is-it-wrong-for-a-woman-to-propose-to-her-man/2/

http://jezebel.com/5966699/maybe-more-women-would-ask-guys-to-marry-them-if-it-werent-seen-as-such-an-emasculating-bummer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2619445/If-OK-women-propose-dont-they.html

http://meritalbliss.com/2012/02/should-women-propose-should-men-wear-engagement-rings/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September is Take Your Man on a Date Month!

Cater to Him- Part 1 of 2

Keys to Romance- Being Romantic on a Budget